Friday, October 13, 2017

Stained Glass Greetings...

Hi folks...have you seen the latest release from Simon Says Stamp...

"Making Spirits Bright"
click HERE to check out beautiful stamp sets, fabulous dies and stencils.
Simon Says Stamp very kindly sent me the gorgeous "Stained Glass Greetings" stamp set to play with...
but it only arrived yesterday morning so today's card was a quick "wham bam...thank you Ma-am" affair. I love large sentiment stamps but I needed an image to repeat stamp on the background and it just so happened that this gorgeous bundle of rubber...Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Mini Swirly Snowflakes was sitting on my workdesk...
and bingo...a quick and easy simple card...
The snowflakes were stamped on to Distress Watercolor Card with Hero Arts Wet Cement Shadow Ink and the sentiment with Ranger Red Geranium Archival. Thanks to the Stamp Platform I was able to space the sentiment evenly and stamp it three times to get a nice rich red impression. I coloured a scrap of card with Wet Cement, inked the sentiment with Versamark, heat embossed with Ranger Fine Detail White Embossing Powder and added some sparkly sequins to bling it up a bit.
No Friday Girls outing planned for today, instead I've got the technology gremlins for company. My laptop keyboard is suddenly suffering from STICKY KEY SYNDROME...the letter "I" just doesn't want to play ball...it's sod's law that it happens to be the second most used vowel and I didn't appreciate how many words contain this letter until I was checking out this post at dark o'clock this morning before hitting Publish. But of course it's FRIDAY the 13TH, so it's time for me to head to the cubbyhole, keep my head down and stay well away from trouble.
Have a great weekend whatever you have planned and I'll see you all on Monday with my DT project for next week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. You still have loads of time to play along with this week's NOT A CARD Challenge and who knows, you may be the lucky winner of a $50 gift card to spend in Simon Says Stamp Store.
Hugs Kath xxx